ABOUT US » IQAC
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council advocates the establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by all the accredited institutions as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity. After the first assessment, wherein the College was accredited at the B++ Level & institutional score of 83%. IQAC was established on 17.06.2006. Norms and guidelines of NAAC were followed while constituting IQAC. It consists of representatives of all stake holders as its members. The Principal is the Chairperson of IQAC, while a Senior Professor is a co-ordinator. Teachers, expert members and representatives of all stake holders are the members
The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. With the following Mission and Misssion the IQAC of Raja Peary Mohan college Started functioning:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organisation of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
|1||Chairman||Dr. Milan Kumar Pal||Principal,Raja Peary Mohan College|
|2||Coordinator||Dr. Kuntal Mukhopadhyay||Associate Professor in Political Science, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|3||Joint Coordinator||Dr. Sanjukta Bhattacharyya||Assistant Professor in Philosophy, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|4||Accounts Offiicer (Bursar)||Prof. Susanta Kumar Biswas||Associate Professor in Mathematics, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|5||Management Staff||Sri Basudeb Naskar||Non-Teaching Staff Secretary, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|6||Management Staff||Sri Santanu Chakraborty||General Secreatary, Student Union-Ex-Officio Member|
|7||Teacher Member||Dr. Parbati Basak||Associate Professor in Physics, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|8||Teacher Member||Dr. Bulbul Thakur||Associate Professor in Physiology, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|9||Teacher Member||Prof. Susanta Kumar Biswas||Associate Professor in Mathematics, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|10||Teacher Member||Dr. Jolly Das||Associate Professor in English, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|11||Teacher Member||Hrishita Gupta Bakshi||Associate Professor in Bengali, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|12||Teacher Member||Dr. Maitri Bose Biswas||Assistant Professor in Zoolgy, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|13||Teacher Member||Pinaki De||Assistant Professor in English, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|14||Teacher Member||Anupam Mitra||Assistant Professor in Commerce, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|15||Teacher Member||Dr. Samir Roy||Assistant Professor in Mathematics, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|16||Teacher Member||Dr. Bitanbindu Bandhyopadhyay||Teacher's Council Secretary & Associate Professor in Physiology, Raja Peary Mohan College|
|17||Librarian||Dr. Manidipa Roy Gupta||Librarian|
|18||Representative from Local Self Goverment||Smt Aditi Kundu||Chairman of Municipality|
The IQAC established several cells and centers and constituted committees to initiate activities both academic and governance.
IQAC(Internal Quality Assurance Cell)
Committee for Promotion of Research & Consultancy
Committee for Promotion of Student Support & Facilities
Committee for Promotion of Extension Activities
Committee for Professional Management Procedures
Technical Committee for Dev. of Infrastructure, Lab., ICT & Library as Teaching-Learning Resources
Community Orientation & Cultural Up-liftment, & Value based Education
Career & Counselling & Coaching for Competitive Exams
Feedback & Grievances Redresall Mechanism
Indoor Sports Facilities
A.P.C. Roy Eco Club
Film Appreciation Center
Performing Arts Cell
The IQAC Cell with the College administration has developed several quality assurance mechanisms within the existing academic and administrative system. These are as follows:
- Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation by the Governing Body (Highest Authority ) of the College
- Post Assessment & Accreditation of NAAC initiative –Establishment of IQAC
- A High Power Committee for Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation Board for UGC Grants.
- Implementing bodies - Committee System for academic & administration (Mentioned in Criterion 6)
- 3600 degrees performance appraisal and its evaluation.
- Statutory regulatory bodies Teachers’Council, Student Union
- External Academic And Administrative Auditing by University of Calcutta & Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal Committee